Saturday, December 18, 2010

Break Time Again

Semester one has wrapped up until January, so here is the last bit of work from the term. Of course my action analysis assignment that has been in development since September is now completed. I'm quite happy with the result, despite the nitpicks I have. But overall, the amounts of work I put into it has given me a pretty nice (and pretty lengthy) portfolio piece. I guess a lot of diligence and care to produce a great animation is what the medium is all about.


In case you were wondering it's animated and cleaned up traditionally with the paint and two-tone shadows created in Flipbook Pro, with the ground shadows produced in Adobe After Effects.

Here's the animation cut into the final leica reel. Enjoy!


And just for giggles, here's a drawing my characters in marker and pen: I also have a performance animation produced Maya (using a Sheridan model and rig). the line is from Back to the Future part II. This project was quite fun, I do so enjoy animating character performance.


This next bit are are some new 3rd year film designs I did for the rough design pack. We plan to refine some of these over the break and in January, as well as may other things.




And finally here's an on location drawing that I sketched at my local Timmies.

That's all from this semester, but i have several portfolio projects lined up for the break in preparation for my summer co-op placement. I'll post each project upon its completion.

Happy Holidays.

No comments: