Wednesday, December 10, 2008

That's all folks!

This be my final artwork post of first semester. It's been fun!

These paintings were done with a pre-thought colour selection. I think they could have been better. What I don't like is how the second one turned out. It's as bright as I wanted it to be, but I think I obscured the city part a bit too much... which sucks 'cause I spent quite a bit of time detailing the buildings only to block in the trees over almost all of the skyline, in which I was like "Oh fuck... I ruined it!"

Also, the colours don't vary as much as I would have liked. Which is not as much my fault as it was my subject matter. It couldn't be helped much without destroying the scene. Still, it would be better if the moods we were supposed to do were felt right away.

Oh well, painting wise they turned out kinda fine, so at least I'm learning something.





Also, some of you might have noticed that there is no layout design work up here... that's no accident I'll tell you 'cause my layouts aren't great.

But we did have this long 20 objects project to do over the entire semester for layout (we were assigned it the first week, but I did it the last! Haha!) We were to draw 20 props (that's objects that could be animated in a film) using perspective and techniques we were taught. Some we're half-assed but others turned out pretty good. So here are some of the "good" props I did for layout.









I just realized that I don't have any personal artwork up on here. :X

Hopefully over the break, I'll do some work on my own. So I'll post it when I do.

Stay tuned!

Time to hibernate till next semester.

No comments: