Friday, October 16, 2009

Caricature-rama!

Lately, in the spirit if learning in character design, I've been workig hard to get better at caricaturing. While I have been doing our assignment to sketch from film or real life, since the best thing to make fun of is yourself, I thought I'd do a few of myself. So today I went ahead and did two using different approches. The first is you basic illustration caricature that exaggurates the features but still looks like a drawing from life. For the second, I used a method and techniques inspired from the great Peter Emslie. That is with a more cartoony approach with almost goofy features, but still shows the essence of the character. (and for those of you who may be busting a nut, so you know I'm not trying to copy Emslie's style, but merely learn from it).



Let me know what ya all think, and if you have any pointers on how I can further push the design, I'd be happy to hear them!

Hope I can turn out better stuff in the future (the first took almost a half hour to do...).

No comments: