Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

So the August that I planned, as I previously stated, has so far not been and layout/painting heavy as it should be. I have done come concepts, but not sure how many will get to the painting stage. The reason for this is I have mainly spent my time actually finishing other projects, the priority being the rigging stage of the Alien character in Maya and finishing the Bear animation I had completed keys for last week.

On the plus side, after only two days animating and two afternoons for touch-ups, the bear sync has been completed. A record effort for me, I must say.



This leaves the next weekend to do a quick run and walk cycles before turning in the animation desk before school. Everything is falling together nicely!

I still have to push myself into layout over these last two weeks, so hopefully I'll get a couple nice paintings done before the term start-up.

And for your satisfaction, here is a still of my currently rigged character in a random pose to show off the mechanics. I still have a little tweaking with the weights and the limits to make this fully mobile, and hopefully before school I'll have time for an experiment in animating him.


Many more projects are on the go at this moment, so stay tuned for a final cap to the summer artwork.

3 comments:

Oceansurfer said...

The 3-D model looks sweeet! How long did it take you to make it?
I've been checking out some second year blogs lately and wooow looks like you've done a looot of work over the summer. Way to go! I really like your chef animation too.:D

Jeremy said...

Thanks! The model I started just as the summer started, so I guess it took about two months to model and texture. The rigging was the additional time until now. Gonna dabble in animation soon I hope.

Gotta get a lot of work done for the 3rd year portfolio! AHHH!

I took a look at your 1st year stuff. Very impressive! Looks like you have a great knack for the craft! (ps. I recognized some of your work from the hallways) Keep up the good work!

Good luck in second year! :D

Oceansurfer said...

thanks!:D
and you're right about the portfolio!!you probably won't have much time during third year to make it eh?
guess I'll have to keep that in mind next summer hahaXD