Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Transition

So begins the month of August. Through most of July I have been working on the Dog Sequence I posted keys for on my last entry. The animation is done, and is my longest animation to date. The sequence is about 27 seconds, and not counting the holds involved, spans 240 drawings. WOAH! This one took a lot out of me. But honestly, while the result isn't bad, I can't help but feel it fell short of my expectations. Probably due to comparing it to my better chef sync. tho', to be fair, this was an experiment and I would be lying if I said I didn't learn anything to help improve in the future. Hope you enjoy!

*note* There was a problem with flipbook in making the background elements pan, so I decided to pop them in and out as needed. If I manage to correct this problem, I will re-post this


There are some minor corrections I might make in the future, such as the awkward jump, and the shuffle/drop, but for now I am taking a break from taking a break from animations during August, with the exception of my redo Muzzle Sync which I only plan to work on during spare time (that is, time not spend doing other work). I hope to have it done by September anyway, but for the time being, I just some work-in-progress keys for it.



As a bonus, I also have another muzzle sync I was working on with two characters interaction. Like the other muzzle, I only have some keys done. Considering time constraints, I likely won't be able to work on this over the rest of the summer. If I have time during the school year, I'll do my best to finish it.



To end off, I just have some other drawing from the earlier summer months, mainly to do with the films I'm working on: Character rotation for my 3D Alien, concept page for the chef sync, and some character poses and additional concepts from the film Waiting.


Now that August is here, my goal is to focus on other modes of art that i have before been struggling with, namely layout and digital painting. On top, I want to get into sketching (a practice I oddly enough had never gotten into beyond high school) and some traditional painting just for fun/colour exploration.

I'll update as I go. Look forward to it! :)

No comments: