Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Bunch More Stuff!

So here's the second major update I promised, most of it is life drawing work which is unusual for me. First is this years work from our annual Royal Winter Fair Trip. Definitely my best year there so far (possibly because we were encouraged a more interpretive caricature approach... lets face it, I'm terrible at drawing animals realistically).


Second is a couple of painting studies from class. We have been taking a break from traditional conté for more mixed media application. I'll post some pen work later, but for now I have gouache and pen on watercolour paper. They're not great, but better than I normally do, and they were fun.




Finally, a series écorché studies for legs. The assignment was to take drawing we already have and focus a muscle based study on a part we could improve. I dunno if this helped me improve drawing legs with conté or not, but I know I can draw pretty well on paper. I guess I just work well with pencils.










This last drawing is a copy of Leonardo Da Vinci's Muscles of Lower Extremity II; one of the drawings was to be an overlay of muscles on a copy from a master.

This is all fro now. I should have some more bulk work to post soon before the end of semester goes into overdrive. WORK WORK WORK!

2 comments:

Yash said...

This is really awesome stuff, Jeremy.

Jeremy said...

Thanks man! Hope you're doing well at Savannah!