Saturday, September 20, 2008

... And so it begins!

So my first projects of this semester are piling up, and it's getting kinda stressing... but stressing in a good way! This is what I signed up for, and so it is at least a satisfying bundle of projects I have to do! And so, I give you my first couple completed projects of the year! I hope you enjoy!

Here first, I have my character design for... character design class! Haha! That's right, a class where all we do is draw cartoon characters... and its teh AWESOME!!! Hahaha!

So anyway, I begin with a concept. This actually wasn't my first choice, I drew another character entirely. What you see below is just a random doodle I thought up, and honestly, he had more appeal than the original character I created. (and so it tends to be with the character design world)




So after considering this character, I worked him out into what you see here:




And finally, our task was to create a nearly full turnaround:



I really enjoyed this project! Not only because I love drawing characters, but also 'cause I learned a little more about drawing them! I'm really looking forward to the other projects in this class!!

Finally, here is a completely separate project. We had to design a story about our mornings, from waking up to getting to class, using only 6 frames to tell the story. We are supposed to use "Beats," which are pretty much the most prominent elements of a story. Hope you enjoy seeing my crappy morning... CARTOON STYLE!!!




Oh, and if you say you can't see these photos very well, it might interest you to know that clicking them will enlarge them... and by a lot too, you could see every line, detail... and flaw! Hahaha!

That's all, folks!

Peace out!

No comments: